Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just some words...

Well, we've been at this for 11 weeks now. It's amazing and hard and beautiful. I think that the most incredible thing about it is that it defies explanation. There really was no way for either of us to be prepared for parenthood by talking or reading or thinking about it beforehand. I'm amazed at the amount of chores. I feel like we live on a farm. I'm constantly washing or putting something away, or making bottles, or just trying to get Nate to feel better. We love it though. There really isn't a way to explain it, like I said. We live to see him smile and laugh. Thankfully, he does this more and more every day with less and less effort on our parts. I don't have to jump all over the room making all kinds of crazy sounds like a lunatic to get a smirk- now he's laughing at raspberrys and "wahoos". We're in love. Our Nanny started yesterday. Her name is Celeste and she seems great. We're sad to hand him off twice a week, but she's a solid person. That's it for now. Peace.

-Josh

No comments: